Stieglitz is an Amsterdam based fashion label founded in 2014 by Pien Stieglitz. Every collection is inspired by a different tribe from around the world. In the words of our founder, Pien Stieglitz: ‘I’ve always been impressed by the strong culture that exists within particular tribes. Thinking of ethnic groups, what strikes me most is the strength of the collective. I often think; where do I stand in this world that constantly changes, where you are confronted with new possibilities and choices daily? We hardly know what to do anymore; a world with so many possibilities doesn’t necessarily make us stronger. For this reason, I want to be inspired by what is still present in the world. Our worlds, our ways of life stand so far apart. I therefore wish to combine both worlds in my designs and capture the beauty and simplicity of life, which will be symbolized in my collections. I hope that the Stieglitz tribe will represent, and make one realize, that the power of the tribes is still within us.’
As a designer, you will be involved in the design aspects as well as the production. You must have a good sense of design, a good understanding of construction, knowledge of fabric qualities and an eye for trends. You will be cooperating in a dynamic atmosphere with a relatively small group of young enthusiastic professionals under supervision of the head of design. We offer you a unique opportunity to work out your own initiative ideas.
- Spot trends in a coherent line with the Stieglitz identity;
- Create designs for different product groups, both woven and knitted and accessories;
- Develop and design artworks and allover prints;
- Collectioning and create collection overviews;
- Sample fittings and processing comments;
- To be able to guarantee the handwriting of the Stieglitz brand;
- Commercial but innovative design level;
- Attention to detail;
- At least HBO work and thinking level;
- At least 2 years of work experience in an equivalent position;
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Flexibility and adaptability are a requirement;
- Technical insight with regard to textile knowledge and dimensions;
- Independent, but team player;
- Fashion conscious with its own identity;
- Fluent Dutch and English in word and writing;
- Work with deadlines for designs that are turned off by production manager;
- Part time option on fulltime
Are you interested in this position?
- Mail your CV with photo, portfolio and cover letter to the e-mail below.
- Put ‘Parttime Design’ as the subject of your email.
- Design function immediately available